|2021-09||$0.003163||Bills mailed September 22, 2021|
|2021-08||$0.003921||Bills mailed August 22, 2021|
|2021-07||$0.003451||Bills mailed July 22, 2021|
|2021-06||$0.002044||Bills mailed June 22, 2021|
|2021-05||$0.001923||Bills mailed May 22, 2021|
|2021-04||$0.002259||Bills mailed April 22, 2021|
|2021-03||$0.001858||Bills mailed March 22, 2021|
|2021-02||$0.001740||Bills mailed February 22, 2021|
|2021-01||$0.000574||Bills mailed January 22, 2021|
|2020-12||$-0.001694||Bills mailed December 22, 2020|
|2020-11||$0.000932||Bills mailed November 22, 2020|
|2020-10||$0.003296||Bills mailed October 22, 2020|
|2020-09||$0.002288||Bills mailed September 22, 2020|
|2020-08||$0.003688||Bills mailed August 22, 2020|
|2020-07||$0.003111||Bills mailed July 22, 2020|
|2020-06||$0.001973||Bills mailed June 22, 2020|
|2020-05||$0.002218||Bills mailed May 22, 2020|
|2020-04||$0.002820||Bills mailed April 22, 2020|
|2020-03||$0.002819||Bills mailed March 22, 2020|
|2020-02||$0.001435||Bills mailed February 22, 2020|
|2020-01||$0.000835||Bills mailed January 22, 2020|
|2019-12||$0.001891||Bills mailed December 22, 2019|
As a not-for-profit electric cooperative, Tipmont REMC provides electricity to you at cost; meaning Tipmont does not profit from selling you electricity.
The Power Cost Adjustment (PCA) is an adjustment made to your electric bill each month to reflect fluctuations in the true cost of power purchased from Tipmont’s provider, Wabash Valley Power. The fluctuation is largely caused by changes in the cost of fuel for generation.
The PCA appears as a separate line item on each member's bill each month. This adjustment is applicable to and becomes a part of all of the Tipmont REMC’s retail rates schedules and is applicable to all sales.
The Power Cost Adjustment (PCA) is calculated each month and allows Tipmont's monthly rates to stay consistent rather than changing every time the generation cost of energy fluctuates.
Some months, the cost of wholesale power is actually below the base rate. The difference appears on your electric bill as a credit.
Tipmont receives no benefit or profit from the PCA.
Computing the Power Cost Adjustment
F = (A-B)/C + R
- F = Power Cost Adjustment (PCA)
- A = Estimated total purchased power cost billed during the calendar year. Each month’s calculation will use a combination of estimated purchased power costs and the actual purchased power costs as it becomes available.
- B = Estimated revenue collected from customers for the recovery of purchased power cost for the calendar year. The revenue shall be estimated based on the average purchased power costs per kWh included in base rates. Each month’s calculation shall be updated with actual purchased power revenue as it becomes available.
- C = Estimated kWh sales for remaining billing months in the calendar year applicable to F.
- R = Prior period Over / (Under) recovery of purchased power costs.
The Power Cost Adjustment is calculated each month by multiplying the amount charged or credited by the number of kilowatt hours used. For example, if the amount charged is .02420, and 1000 kWh was used during the billing period, the Power Cost Adjustment would be a charge of $2.42.
The monthly bill computed under the appropriate rate schedule will be increased or decreased by an amount as determined below.