Beginning in 1940, members met annually on the 3rd Monday of February at Linden in Montgomery County. The purpose was to elect directors by ballots, provide members the previous fiscal year reports and transact any other business that may come before the meeting.
One hundred four members attended the first annual meeting, held February 17, 1941, at the Linden School. The cooperative had grown to 1,564 members in that short time. At that time Jesse Graves was elected president of the board and served as president until his death in 1954. Some interesting statistics were shared with the members at that meeting. For example, there were 1,918 meters billed, the average bill was $3.13, the cost per kWh was 01.222 cents, the total miles of lines energized was 741 miles with 2.6 consumers per mile, and the revenue per mile of line was $8.09.
Traditionally, annual meetings were day long during the week and included a guest speaker, entertainment from the area and "big name" entertainment, in addition to the board members' reports and general manager's report. The Linden Band Parents served a lunch of ham sandwiches, potato salad, baked beans and cherry pie. In 1963, due to the increase of more non-farm accounts, the board voted to have the annual meeting on a Saturday at Coal Creek High School, so more of the membership could attend. This, too, was an all-day meeting.
As the cooperative and the number of suburban accounts grew, the board felt that an evening meeting would allow more members to attend. Due to the consolidations of the area schools, the meetings in recent years have been at North Montgomery High School, McCutcheon High School or the Tippecanoe County Fair Grounds.